Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

A Beautiful Lie (Playing with Fire Series) (Volume 1) - T.E. Sivec Photobucket

"When something you’ve wanted for as long as you can remember is finally yours, you have a hard time believing it’s real,” Garrett said softly as he moved closer to Parker and her body angled towards him. “You find yourself wondering if it’s just a dream and in one careless moment it will all be taken away from you.”

Photobucket

Woohoo ! Tara Sivec really twists a 360 with this one !! From her hugely acclaimed , laugh-your-ass-out comedy 'The Chocolate Lovers - [b:Seduction and Snacks|15704001|Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)|Tara Sivec|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344367750s/15704001.jpg|21365702] [b:Futures and Frosting|15769463|Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2)|Tara Sivec|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344367548s/15769463.jpg|21476322] [b:Troubles and Treats|16107588|Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers, #3)|Tara Sivec|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351193708s/16107588.jpg|21920564] ' series to an intelligent military styled romance , she's proved herself to be quite a versatile novelist !

Photobucket

A beautiful Lie basically revolves around 3 best friends , Garrett McCarthy , Annabelle Parker and Milo Roberts . 3 best friends who met each other when they were in college . Milo and Anna fell in love while Garrett always wished for their happiness . It didn't matter that he harbored feelings for Anna , for him the only thing that mattered was Milo's happiness . And Milo's happiness was Anna . So Garrett watched , pretended to be happy and always wished the best for his best friends . Anna wanted her heart to be safe . She did not want to fall in love with someone deeply . She did not want someone else to be able to break the walls around her heart or her heart . She did not want anybody else to have the power of love over her . So she chose the easy way out . Squashed her feelings for Garrett and accepted what Milo had to offer . Because Milo was much easier to handle .

Yo Garrett and Anna ...

Well , moving on .....

Eight years later , things have changed . Changed to a whole lot of mess ! Milo is gone , leaving Garrett and Anna to pick up the pieces and move on . But nothing was as it seemed . Everyone has secrets . Everyone lies for their conveniences , for protecting someone they love , for getting something that has been denied to them for too long . Garrett and Anna want the truth , and nothing but the truth . Even if it meant uncovering their own lies to one another .

Photobucket

But what will they find ?? What will they see when the clouds of deception and lies finally clear out the sky ??? Well , read the book and find out for yourself ..

My thoughts :

Like I mentioned earlier , A beautiful Lie is a very cleverly etched story . The story moves back and forth giving the readers glimpses of Garrett , Anna and Milo's relationship and their history . T.E Sivec manages to keep the reader embroiled in this concrete web of deception and lies that , as a reader you cant help but ask ..

Photobucket

yeah , I found myself asking me that question a lot of times !

The characters are pretty likeable ! My favorite absolutely being Annabelle Parker ! That lady needs no man I tell ya ... She kicks asses and takes no prisoners ! Goooooooo

Absolutely loved her !

Garrett really shined as the always sacrificing best friend ! Although , the guy is a total no-nonsense dude , he always did what he could for his best friends . And Milo , well ... Just Crazy ! Like Crazy with a capital C !!!!

The sexual tension in this book is over-the-rooftop hot ! Garrett and Anna wanted each other but thought about a lot of things , like a shit load of things to act upon their feelings ! All their almost-sex encounters were definitely burning down a few panties somewhere ! * wink wink *

To sum it all up , A beautiful lie is a grip-the-edge-of-your-seats story that will leave the reader feeling like they've just watched a top-notch Hollywood action film with all its glitz and glamor !

I cant wait to read more in the Playing With Fire series !