Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Back to You - Priscilla Glenn
You can also find this review at Texxie's blog !!!! She was kind enough to have me as her guest reviewer !! * Happy dance *

“Well, sometimes if something is really important to you, it gets stuck in your body,” he said, poking her ribs and making her laugh. “So even if your mind thinks that it’s gone, it’s still in there, kind of hiding inside of you, just waiting for you to remember. It never goes away.”

Michael Michael Michael ....

Boy , you made me cry ..

* sigh *

I'm a huge sucker for 'second chance' romances and the question I asked myself after reading this book was , ' Why the hell didn't I read this sooner ??!!! ' .. Sooo absolutely good . See the thing here is that , the same concept or the same story can be told many times but what makes it stand out is the way the author chooses to tell the story . In short , the story telling ability of the author can give the same old story of 'girl-meeting-boy-then-boy-leaving-girl-only-to-come-back-after-a-period-of-time' a new breath of life . And that's exactly what Priscilla Glenn does with Back to you .

Photobucket

Lauren Monroe teaches and takes care of kids at Learn and Grow Day Care . She is a very kind , very lovable kind of a person . Optimistic and assuring , she always manages to see and bring out the best in people . But one fine day , she comes face to face with a face from her past . A face that mirrors and harbors a lot of emotions and feeling within her . The face of Michael Delaney . Michael Delaney is a changed man . A man who always used to let his fist do the talking somehow managed to keep his demons under control because of a friendship he shared with a very special girl .. A girl who saw the human in him and not the monster . But then one day he broke her heart . How , why , when , where .... ? Those are questions you need to tackle on your own ... I'm just gonna leave this bit here with this :

Love Quotes, Love Quotes Images, Love Sayings

The story is beautifully woven ...

I cried

I laughed

I smiled

I swooned

Photobucket

The journey that was Michael and Lauren's relationship was just breath taking ! I loved Priscilla Glenn story telling ... I loved how the story moved back and forth from the present to the past . Everything felt the same yet felt different . The first time Lauren met Michael in the past , her feelings were those of intrigue and curiousity . But when she meets him again in the present , her feelings are that of being surprised , a little anger , a little disappointment and a whole lot of confusion ... What I really enjoyed about it as a whole was that , it kind of seemed that history was repeating itself , by bringing these two face to face again , but this time it only took a different route with different obstacles to cross . They had each other then , they have each other now . Will the same mistakes be repeated , or will they finally be together .. Read the book and find out !!!

One of my fav characters other than Michael and Lauren was Erin , Michael's daughter ! Sometimes kids I tell ya , they act way more mature than adults do ! And she definitely was the mature one here ! I loved Michael and Erin's relationship . I loved how he wanted to be the world for Erin . A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!!

If you love a story that makes you cry sweet , happy and sad tears at the same time , then Back to you is just for you !!!!!