Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Truth (Consequences, #2) - Aleatha Romig

10,000+ truthfully gleaming stars !!!!

Give me CONVICTED like right now !!!!!

EDIT : 11/05/2012

Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many. The intelligence of a few, perceives what has been carefully hidden — Roman poet Phaedrus

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!!!

I'm spent ! Exhausted ! Both Mentally and Emotionally !

Mrs Aleatha Romig , you deserve a standing ovation for sure ...

Applause Standing Ovation

Wow , If Consequences was all about actions and consequences , then Truth is all about the truth that had paved the way to those actions . Infact , its all about separating the lies and deceptions from the truth . Honestly speaking , I'm not going to get into what this book is going to offer story wise because there is no way I can do that without giving away a lot of spoilers . And its something I dont want to do . This journey is for the reader and for the reader alone . The blurb gives a perfect description of what you will be getting yourself into ... okay , maybe not EXACTLY what you'll be getting into , but if you've read the first book then there shouldn't be a question of thinking what you can expect from this book . Aleatha is a mastermind-ish twister of events , scenes and scenario's ! Phew ... that was exhausting !

All I'll say now is that you have to abandon most of your assumptions because like the fact that is mentioned above , NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS ! AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE FROM THE LIES ! .. In a way it would , but then it'll probably ground you back with a dozen new questions .

Consequences ended with a lot of explosions ! But that wasn't the end of it . In Truth , Claire tries to find out more about the man that is Anthony Rawlings . His past and what makes him what he is . We definitely got a bit of his history in Consequences but that was just a small part of a much bigger picture .

I loved Claire in this book . Her decisions were a bit shocking at times , but thats just who she is , or thats what she's made up of . Somehow , I found her as a person who looks into the soul of a Person . Someone who is optimistic in her approach towards life . And judging by that there was no questioning the path she took . But is she right or wrong ? She was a victim before , but this time , has she deliberately walked into a trap that could lead her to darkness ? Or has she bought about a change that no one expected ? A change of heart and mind . A change of Priority . Only time will tell .

Tony ... All I can say is , " Oh my god , was he for realz ?? " He is still manipulative , he is still controlling but .. but ... he just stole by heart . Sexy as hell and mighty fine I tell ya . He has a little humorous side to him too . God , how much I loved him here in spite of all the douchery that he was in book 1 . I'm not saying thats forgettable but he's only human so ..... yeah I sound a bit biased here but ....

Photobucket

There I said it ...

The ending !!!!! God lord , that ending was just

Mind Blown Pictures, Images and Photos

I shouldn't even be surprised , this is Aleatha Romig we are talking about . But still .... speechless !

Aleatha Romig really knows how to have her way with words. If Consequences had a very eerie and a dread like feel to it , then truth was all about anticipation and surprises . I'm sure you must have noticed that every chapter begins with a quote , and somehow I felt that those quotes are so rightly placed because they end up giving a feel or what that chapter is all about . She very cleverly creates a web of words and actions that leaves the reader all tangled up . It took me two days to write up this review , because every time I thought about the book , I ended up seeing things in different shades . That ending ... just AWESOME !

This is such a Hollywood movie material . Its a perfect mixture of :

Photobucket

a little action , a hint of humor , a lot of mystery and a huge dose of suspense !

To sum up the entire review , Truth is a journey from darkness to light , from the unknown to the known , from the expected to the unexpected .. yup you read that right . From assumptions to reality .

I'm definitely going to be on pins and needles till Convicted come out !!

Oh , before I go , Aleatha , Failure to give me a HEA is not an option . Any other conclusion to this series is non-negotiable and undebatable . Do not disappoint me .