Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout HOLY HAWT CHEMISTRY , BATMAN !

Sweet.Baby.Jesus , this book is just sooooo awesome !! I dont even remember the last time i read anything " Alien " related , hell i dont even remember reading an alien based Romance !! The only alien thing i remember is watching re runs of ' The X-files ' and that was ages ago .

Cover-Speak : I'm absolutely in love with this cover . The male model is soooo hoooot , i think he is the perfect fit for Daemon . They could'nt have found anyone better . And those eyes , oh my those eyes - i could literally see myself drowning in them ! And Katy , well is'nt she a fiesty little thing . Cute , she is just so confident . And the whole green background , well Aliens are always associated with the color green for some reason , so this is a perfect fit as well !

Obsidian is the story of Katy and her life in a spookily weird town . She and her mom move out of
their home in Florida in an attempt to start over their life in the little town of West Virginia . Here Katy meets a brother-sister duo living next door . Katy is 100% sure something is creepily not right with them . And what she discovers . leaves her quite shocked . What will happen to Katy now ?
Are the aliens good news or bad ? And what about the extremely hot yet arrogant Daemon , how
would things develop between him and Katy ?

Things i loved about this book :

1) Katy , Daemon and Dee : I was in love with these characters head on .. Except for the bad guys i dont think there was any character in this book that could be deemed ' hated ' ! Katy is a book blogger ( Yay !! I loved her more after finding that out ) . She is sweet and smart , but her ferocity towards Daemon is just so wild and at the same time admirable . Daemon on the other hand could just be named Adonis instead . Man oh man if he ai'nt the hot stuff , a body worth ogling he looks scrumptious . But lord save him when he opens up his mouth . God i could literally feel Katy'sanger emiting out towards me because i know i would have reacted the same way or even worst hearing him speak like that . But he is definitely a must have !! Dear me , why are book boyfriends so hard to find in real life . And Dee , she was just the most amazingly cute character i've ever
seen or read about .

2) Sci-Fi Galore : Like i mentioned earlier , i hav'nt read a sci-fi romance for a long long time. And this came in at the right time . Reading books about were-wolves , vampire's and fae's , this wasreally fresh and new . I would like me some super cute aliens any time .

3) H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S : Oh boy i was LMAO with this book !! It completely cracked me up . Be it Katy's sarcastic and witty monologues or her constant squabbles with Daemon or the forever ongoing battle between siblings , this book had it all . I think this is one of my funniest fav's of this year !

Parting thoughts : On the whole , this was a superb read . Its fresh , new and exciting . The character's in this book are loaded with life and i can assure you there is'nt even a single dead moment in this book . The story development is absolutely medium paced , not too fast , nor too slow giving ample time to the readers to understand whats going around .
I cannot wait to read "Onyx" , the second book in the Lux Series .
This is a must read , and highly recommended to absolute YA Paranormal Romance Fans !!