Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Panic - Katie Hughart Woah , this was definitely one heck of a hellish train ride !!

The synopsis/blurb of the story pretty much says what this story is about , so instead of repeating it all over again I'll just move on with this review ..

First of all , I have to say Katie is one awesome writer . The way we are pulled into Cara's world right from page 1 is intense and shicking at the same time . There's a mystery or rather a mystery man stalking Cara all the time . She thinks that she knows who this is , but a tiny voice inside her head tells her that the possibility of that stalker being him is unlikely because he has been taken care of . What is really commendable here is that the reader actually feels all of Cara's insecurities and Paranoia, because of the way Katie has managed to bring it across .Kudos to your writing technique girl !!!

Secondly , I would have to say , the whole time I was reading this book , I actually felt like I was watching a movie . Seriously , I kept on picturing the whole thing in my head and thought to myself , " If this was a movie , I would have binged on pretty hard right now !! " Not that I did'nt I was doing it while reading it tooo ... sorry I think I got deviated there , but the point is that this would make a really good movie . Let me point out the reasons why :

- For starters , It was kind of unpredictable . I mean , you get the idea identity of who this stalker/murderer is , but the story takes too many - like way - too many twists and turns that I probably didn't see coming . I'm really having this itch to mention some of the twists that really had me going bonkers like crazzzzyy .. But I dont want to because those were some of the best portions of the book !!! Read it to find it out for yourself !!

- The characters seemed too real . The good one's ,the bad one's and the twisted one's , I'm pretty sure I could definitely say I certainly know people like these for realz !! Cara , cara was just too heart-breaking to read about . I wanted so many good things for her , but It seemed that all the good things in her life didn't last too long just because of this crazy obsession someone has over her .. And the kind of things she endured through out the book , made me wanted to give her a big bear hug and tell her how awesome she is !!! Sean was swoon worthy . His love and care for Cara really knew no boundries . I think he's every bit of a male companion we girls are a sucker for .. I loved him . And then we have Jake ... Man , that man made me wanna spit on him !! I dont think I've ever hated a villianous character this much . The more and more we found out about him , the more disgusting and a pathetic excuse for a human being i thought him to be .. The things he did , his connection to Cara , the kind of things he said , the extent to which he is ready to get his dirty little paws on her made me wanna go :

Yup , exactly that ^^^...

- One of the my uniquely loved portion of the book was the dream sequences !! Cara's dreams were scary and frightening . They have a certain .... certain ... link to the reality . I really enjoyed those parts !!

On the whole , this truly was an unexpected read for me !! Thank you soo much Katie for giving me a chance to read this . I would recommend it to readers looking for something realistically different and filled with psycho-like twist and turns ..