Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Crow's Row (Crow's Row, #1) - Julie Hockley “Whoever said that love hurts was wrong. Love is excruciating, especially when you can feel it slipping through your fingers and there is nothing you can do about it. Like someone was playing tug-of-war with my limbs, ripping to shreds whatever was left behind. What it would feel like when love was lost...I wouldn't survive that”

Hell yeah girl , my thoughts exactly !!!

Can I just say that this was such a Riot , both emotionally and mentally . I love this book . Had it been real , I'd definitely married it !! And the ending , dont even get me started on the ending !!! I mean I'm torn between liking it and hating it .. Likin it because I see hope of a sequel and a sequel means more of Cam and Emmy , whom I've come to adore or dislikin it because for one - it completely ruled out my Idea of a HEA for them and two , that ending was something I did not see coming !! I never , ever in my wild life could've imagined that !! * Just soo fuckin depressed right now

Moving on , keeping aside and away the ending , I've got to say - I ABSOLUTELY LOVED READING THIS !!! . Very few a times books like these come along that make you question a lot of things that we see or hear in the modern world . Gangwars , druglords ,cdealers and peddlers , kidnapping , murders and death ... Things like these that gets us asking questions like , "Where is the system that is meant to keep those kinda things at bay ?? " Well sometimes the answers are right there , sometimes the system is just part of all the wrong doings and are asissting all the wrong doers ... Hang on a minute there , dont go on to thinking that this book is some social guide to a good and a safe life !! Its a Romance that has found its foundation on the above issues . I'll explain as we move along ....

Title & Cover : Its dark and there's something really sexy about it .. Or maybe thats just how I see it !! It kinda reminded me of those movies that had a really mafia-ish feel to it !! I'd say very fitting !! And the title , well I couldn't decipher it all .. But it becomes clearer once you start reading the book .

Things that I loved about this book :

I was hooked from the very first page . The Epilogue and Prologue were the only two parts that were told from Cam's POV , the rest of the story is told from Emmy's POV which I absolutely loved reading !! Emmy comes across as this girl who's not really strong but she's determined as hell ..She definitely has to be one of my favourite female MC of all time !!! I loved the fact that she was'nt a snob and had her mind made up to live her life the way she wants too . She also came across as a very caring sister , be it to her brother Bill or Cam's brother Rocco . I also really admired how she stood up to everyone when she
knew that they had answers to her questions that they wont talk about .. * God that was brave !! * WAY TO GO GIRL , YOU ROCK !!!
The other character that blew my heart had to be Cameron .. God that guy is sooo mnay emotions jumbled up in one . One of the most confusing characters ever .. I also loved the way romance between Cam and Emmy grew in this book ... It almost felt like Insta-love but it cant exactly be called that . You'll have to read the book to know why !!!

Another aspect of the story that I really enjoyed was that Julia Hockley has managed to create a world within the world that we live in .. Err you must be wondering what is this crazy girl upto . Well I could'nt find the exact terms to express what I want to , so this will have to do . When Emily gets Kidnapped by Cam and his gang members she gets to see a completely different world with many varied characters . A world so dangerous , that every step could kill you or get someone else killed . A world so dark and deadly , its impossible to break from its clutches once you fall into it . A world where death is the only way out .. A world where you'll find the bad guys and the good guys who pretend to be the bad guys ... One word - AMAZING !!

This was a suspense filled read as well . When Emily first sets foot into Cams world she never in her wildest dreams could have thought that this world is so much closer to her because someone that she knew was basically who ... you could say created a part for himself in this world . I know I'm not making any sense , thats why its important that you read this book now !!! Talking about what I mentioned earlier , you know the system being all corrupted and protectors being the ultimate killers , that was what surprised me a hell lot !!! I was like

src="http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac159/GIFsforhire/What-WTF/whaaaat.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

On the whole this was soo not what I expected it to be !!! The kind of emotions that were raging through after I finished this book - I didnt expect that either !! The feelings bubbling in me for these characters - unexpected too !!! I cant wait to read the sequel that the author will apparently start working on !! I need my fix of Emmy and everything thats next on her 'to-do list'!! Recommended for readers looking for a love story with a deadly back drop !!

You'll definitely enjoy this !! Now if I can just calm down and wait for the next book in this series :