Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

The Storyteller - Antonia Michaelis Just a tiny little pain,
Three days of heavy rain,
Three days of sunlight,
Everything will be alright .
Just a tiny little pain .....

An hour and a half has passed , and the only sensible thing that i've done in that past hour is cry . Cry , because that seemed the only way to get rid of the pain . Pain , that this soul stiring , questioning your beliefs on love and forgiveness kind of feel this book leaves you with . I would be lying if i said that i've heard or read this kind of a story before , and i would also be lying if i told that i have cried this way for too long before . Never before have i felt an emotion so strong , so over whelming that i know i could move a mountain or control the waves of the ocean with it . The storyteller is a book with so many riled up different kinds of emotions , that i felt that its really upto the reader to either submerge oneself in the vast depthness of this book or just skim the surface . Either way it is impossible to walk away unscathed . A thorn of pain , a sprinkle of laughter , a touch of innocence , an hint of unspoken love , a trickle of tear , a spark of anger , its bound to touch you , bound to make you feel good or bad depending on the aura around the story .

Cover speak : Absolutely and whole heartedly love this cover . For me its meaning were simple , the rose there being the sign/symbol of love and hope . But one must not forget that along with the roses comes its thorns . Along with love comes its share of pain and heatbreaks . And sometimes hope crumbles too , giving way to agony and despair . The droplets of blood around are just that . One could also say that it symbolises 'Tainted love ' . Why do i call it tainted ? Well you will just have to read the story and find out .

Honestly , the blurb of this book already talks about what this book and its story line and everything is ... but , in no freaking ways does it prepare you for what you are about to get into once you actually start reading it . It basically gives you moments and memories , that tends to linger with you even after you've long finished reading this masterpiece .

When an author manages to bring out the most complexes of human nature by spinning a tale of loss , love , pain and sacrifice then i believe that author has managed to win and conquer the hearts of all those who've read their work . And Antonia Michaelis is one such author . She apeaks of the human nature , the human trait to protect someone near and dear more than protecting ones own life , to love someone deeply without conditions , to follow dreams to secure someone else's future more than yours , to kill or be killed without hesitation and regrets .
All these above mentioned points are just a part of this amazing story .
Another very inspiring point of this book was Abels story telling technique . How easily it could be called a work of imagination yet its full of reality and truth . Oh my i'm totally in love with the characters and this book ... Even now as i sit here and type out this review , i cant help but get all teary eyed .. * Sobs *

My playlist for this book :
1) Massive Attack - Paradise Circus . ( Overview of the entire book )
2) Florence and the Machine - Blinding . ( When Micah calls up Anna , telling her Abel's in trouble and Anna runs out to help them )
3) Deftones - Minerva ( Abel's song )
4) Cider Sky - Northern Lights ( Abel and Anna's intimate moments )
5) Massive Attack - Risingson ( In most of the scenes at the club )
6) Paper Route - Dancing on our Graves ( Abels song for Anna after their night at the boathouse )
7) Sade - King of Sorrow ( Anna's song for Abel )
8) Kings of leon - Closer
9) Florence and the Machine - Cosmic love
10) Civil Wars - Poison and wine ( For the end )

I would seriously recommend this book to everyone !! This was such a fabulous read , soooo glad i read it !! A story of life , love , death and everything in between !!