Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

The Gates - Rachael Wade OH MY FROZEN SOUL !!!! What in the world did i just finish ! Wait , thats not what i want to talk about . Agggh , i dont even remember what i actually want to talk about . I think i better get started with this review , before we get interrupted by some powerful witch , who shouldn't even be here in the first place . Maybe he'll just take a wrong turn or something . Or maybe he'll just go and ..... nevermind lets get on with the review .

Vampires with a mission are back and how !!! If you thought Amaranth was all 'Okie -dokie ' kind of thing , then you my friend are in for a surprise joyride with 'The Gates '!! I dont even know where to begin this review . I just feel like typing in "Perfect in all aspects " and just shut my mouth , but then its going to be so unfair . So lets see if i can 'conjure' up words to summarise how awesome this book was and how i've fallen in love with it .

Firstly , lets start with the cover speak . Okay , honestly i still love the cover of Amaranth more if i compare it to the gates . I guess its the colours that make it appealing and intriguing . Anywhoo , the cover of the gates had me awestruck the first time i saw it . My mind was brain storming trying to find out a possible explaination behind this cover . And a part of me was wondering what does everything on this cover mean . And then i read the book and ! KABOOM ! everything flashes right in fron of my eyes . Oh BTW , that windmill there - super significant i tell you ! * Wink wink * ... In short , an awesome cover for an awesome book .

If Amaranth was all about meeting Cam , Gavin , Gabe , Audrey and Amaranth itself , then The Gates is all about meeting them in a new light with different shades . If i could sum up what i'm actually trying to express using just one word , i would say that this book was an EVOLUTION - not only of the story line , not only of the plot , but also of the characters that are involved in this epic tale . . The plan and the warriors are ready to rock and roll . The gates to amaranth will be opened , but will they succeed in their mission or will unforeseen events strike tragedy and havoc ?? Answers to all these questions are there for you to read and find out .

Things i loved about this book : One word answer , EVERYTHING !!! Lats start off with Rachael Wade's writing style . The lady is a genius . She uses the right words , the right expressions , the right emotions - everything is just soo right . Honestly , i feel very few authors have the capacity to make the reader love or like a hated character . And Rachael manages to do just that with such a ease . Without giving away any spoilers i'll say this , i actually and i mean actually with a capital A , felt really bad and kind of 'Geez i'm soo sorry for you 'kind of stuff for one of the characters . And believe me when i say i found that character to be really cruel in the first book . * Read between the lines if you can * ! And when an author can actually do that , i think they've conquered it all . So , kudos to Rachael for that !! Next up , the story line . As i mentioned earlier , The gates is just soo well written and well sketched out , that i actually thought that this could be an awesome movie . * I was treating it like one - you know reading it with Popcorns and soda and all and i so hope we get to see it on the big screen !!! It had everything , it had me biting my nails like some super nervous freak , it had me giggling and all giddy like a school girl , and this one moment i actually fell off my chair .. The twists and turns in this book had me twisted and turned . Turned to what you ask ?? Turned into an impatient maniac . Especially the end and also the parts before the end , i just didnt see all of it coming !! I cant wait to find out whats in store for our vampiric warriors . Rachael a request doll - hurry up with the grand finale , the curiousity is definitely gonna be the death of me !!! LOL .

I highly reccommend this book to anyone who love vampires . In fact i recommend it to those who love vampires with a 'i dare to do 'attitude and that dont give a damn about tearing down your corsets and skirts when they are , well lets just say in the mood for some play time !!
The resistance is finally reaching its epic end , come and be a part of it . You wouldnt want to miss this .