Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout SCORE TWO FOR THE PITIFUL HUMANS

Humans have always been a very enticing and exciting source of observation for us Luxens , and i must say that there have been times where they have rendered us completely speechless . Jennifer L Armentrout is one such human who has definitely got us Luxens ( especially ME ) very intrigued . I think she knows a lot about us than any other human on this planet does ! Maaaan , the woman has skills - you got to give it to her .. *Ahem* i guess i'm deviating from the task at hand , lets finish it before i decide to run out and find me some Arums ..

Cover speak : HATE THE COVER !!!! Seriously , you're gonna believe that ! Silly humans *facepalms* ... The D brothers - as i like to call them - are HOT PROPERTY in the luxen colonies and girls would most certainly go batshit crazy if they see this cover * including me * ! Enough said !!

There is nothing and i mean absolutely nothing that i hated about this book !! The ending was a little sad but it was anticipated and known thanks to the first book in this series - Obsidian ! That part really messed me up * wipes tears away * , oh .. god i was in love with Dawson and Bethany from the start to the end . They made me all happy and giddy at the same time for the most part . Oh what love , its sweet and cute and cuddly and hot and tear jerking and so many things all out together as one . Daemon as always was a total hottie with a bad mouth that could easily earn him a knock out punch - not that i would - but still it was contemplated a lot of times ! Dee , the usual sweetness that she is and the 'A' triplets were also fun to read about .

Jennifer's writing style has me in awe of her !!! Her sarcasm laced humour , her witty 'right back atcha'comments made me snort out at certain points . I simply looooove this kind of story telling technique . Its simple yet very classy , and not a lot of authors have great luck bringing out its highlights - especially the part where we the readers hear the thoughts of the characters , you know the ones that are not said out loud but just thought of - its MOTHERFREAKING AWESOME !!!

All in all a great enjoyable read ! Cant wait to get more of Daemon and Kitten .. i mean Katy in Onyx book 2 in the Lux series ! You humans still have a lot to learn about us , i mean the Luxens so you better get your hands on this series !! Recommended for fans who love Aliens with 'oh snap' green eyes who can totally light you up like a Christmas tree or the freakin sun !!