Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Poughkeepsie - Debra Anastasia One of the best books i've read this year !! * I know its too early to say that , but i really cant help it *
Wow , this one was so full of everything ! Love , loss , redemption , friendship , family .... everything ! Oh god , i'm still reeling in the aftermath of this book . Not a very perfect ending i could say and i'll explain why in a bit , but still mind blowingly good !
Thoughts on the cover : Absolutely pretty . The tattoo just above the wrist has a very significant meaning , it is the connection between the three brothers with their area of interest ( If i can say that ) .
Poughkeepsie is the story of Blake and Livia . Atleast thats how it starts off to be . Blake is a homeless bloke , who is found at the Poughkeepsie train station everyday waitng for this smile that makes his day and his life worth living . And that smile belongs to , yes you guessed it Livia . The ever smiling Livia who smiles at everyone everyday at the Poughkeepsie train station . Blake and Livia ,see each other everyday but never interact . And the day they finally do , well its love at first sight ! Actually its always been there but kinda invisible like you know only in feelings - you'll get the point once you read the book . At first i thought , okay so this is the story of Blake and Livia , but then it just wasnt ! Its also the story of Cole , Blakes brother and Kyle , Livia's sister . Both have their own insecurities in life , a sorrow they carry within their heart . But what would happen when they decide to give each other and happiness a chance . Poughkeepsie is also the story of Beckett , Blake and Cole's older brother ( I think ) who is living on the wrong side of life and Eve , a girl with a mission which she probably may not be able to accomplish.
What i really enjoyed about this book was that it was'nt just one story with many different angles . It was 3 different stories with sub plots making it a really enjoyable reading experience .
As stated earlier , Poughkeepsie has many underlying tones , each bit a semblance of life and with it the uniqueness of finding a will to survive overcoming weaknesses . And nothing to bring you down if you have the support of your loved ones . Although an emotional read , it had its moment of fun and steamy romance . Beckett being the guy with the largest funny bone in the book , he has a unique sense of humour . His language , oh hell - i was rolling on the floor laughing so hard . and lord save you if he starts texting you ! Man , that guy was a bundle of fun and energy . Oh and a special mention to the " HOMELETH HUMPER " , i seriously would have pushed him on the rail track myself ! Romance in this book was pretty steamy when it had to be , not too heavy not too sappy .
What disappointed me just a little bit was the end . It wasnt ' my kinda ' ending , for some of the characters .
A really really amazing read , this one's worth a shot !!