Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

On the Island - Tracey Garvis-Graves I'm just soo confused right now !! They say she is a debut author and i'm like 'you've got to be kidding me' ! This book and her writing CANNOT be a debut work ! God , she's tooooo good to be new at this !! What a story .. Sweet , thought driven , compelling and extremely addictive , you cant help but read it in one go .

On the island is the story of Anna , a 30 yr old tutor stranded on an island with 16 yr old T.J after their seaplane crashed into an ocean . At first it all sounded cliche to me coz it was all like , ' oh , two people stranded together , what do ya expect ?! ' .. But no , it wasnt anything like that . Allow me to explain point wise :

Cover : Simple and refreshing ! The feel of being on an island just grows by looking at that cover . LOVED IT !
Storyine : As stated above the story follows Anna and T.J ordeals while they are stranded on an island .
Positive points : Many to mention . I really loved the fact that the author didnt make this look like a cheesy romance novel . Dont get me wrong , this book is definitely a romance , but i seriously appreciate that the author took time in nurturing the romance between Anna And T.J . They go through all the troubles and hardships on living on an island with limited resources and then find comfort in each others arms . * sighs * i wish i had that kind of thing going on with me . I loved how Tracey made a fact really clear through this book - love is blind to human made boundries . The heart knows what it wants and destiny will always play its role in giving you what you
deserve . The characters were amazing . The major part of the book only deals with Anna and T.J . These are the type of characters who leave a permanent mark on your heart and you tend to remember them even when you are done reading the book . I fell in love with T.J instantly . Not your average 16 yr old i would say .
Negative points : NONE ! Everything about this book was heavenly and soul filling . The romance , the story , the writing style ! I enjoyed it all . I figured one thing while reading this book . I may read a lot of Paranormal and Supernatural stuffs , but books like these is what i would call HOME - where the heart and soul resides . These are books that tend to give you the feeling of fulfilment and also the ache of losing a part of you . I cried at times and i aso had a good laugh with the humour presented in this book . On the whole , On the Island had me hooked from page one . And a major reason why you should grab a copy of it soon - the book teaches you survival skillls . Seriously , i figured a lot of things mentioned in this book are actually helpful and will help a great deal if you were to be stranded .
Some people complained about the grossness of the fact that the book depicts romance between an older woman and a younger guy . I say , thats very shallow . You dont chose who fall in love with , love comes at the most strangest of times and places . Anna and T.j's bond had a very realistic feel to it . According to me it was'nt instant . It took its time and grew at its own pace . Not a bad thing at all . Getting to know each other , helping each other out and being each others strenghts during times of weakness , are signs of true love at its best . They had it all . * Happy tears *

I would recommend this book to everyone who loves a heart warming , soul melting romance ! Definitely one of my best reads of the year so far .