Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

The Guardian's Kiss (Samantha Brand, #1) - Jamie Lynn Dougherty Oh My God !!! It's raining hotness - Hallelujah !!
Wow , wow and wow .. The Guardian's kiss is sooooo freakin awesome !
I dont even know where to begin reviewing this book . I'm way beyond excited right now and i might have to conjure up words to get this review done LOL !!
So where do we begin with ?? Alright , lets begin with the cover . I absolutely and amazingly loved the cover . A feather emitting light in total darkness . For me that symbolised Samantha being the light in the dark or the one to bring in light to those devoured by darkness so to speak .

Storyline - The Guardian's kiss is the story of Samantha , who loses her sister to a disease that's eating up the entire country . Sam is saved by Trent Donovan ( *Swoooooons* ) a soldier . Samantha is instantly drawn to this handsomely striking making-you-weak-in-the-knees guy who makes her tingle in all the places that had no business to tingle in the first place . But she nows something is'nt right about him and that he has secrets of his own . Once the secrets and the purpose of Sam's existence is known she is thrown into a war that has been going on for hundreds of years .

Things i loved about this book :

1) Author Jamie Lynn's writing style : Okay i agree that the books had some grammatical error's in them , but hey dont we all make those kind of mistakes when we speak or write at times . No biggie at all . Her writing style is simple . I didnt have to sit with a dictionary in tow to find meanings of words to ease up my reading !! * Thank god * Also , i noticed that she doesnt get into a lot of detailing thereby saving the readers from an excessive information breakdown . I mean its not like the information is left in half or something , you clearly get the idea without having to read too much about them . She has a witty sense of humour that sort of relaxes the reader and also manages to snort out fits of laughter * atleast that's how it was for me * .
2) Characters : I HAVE to talk about the characters in this book because they are all soooo different yet interesting . First off the guys in this book . There is no way on hell that i wont be talking about them . There are 3 important male characters in this book . Trent Donovan , Sam's love interest and well just read the book to find more . I loved Trent immediately . I've read a lot of books about Guardian's and all but have never seen a Guardian like Trent . I mean what kind of Guardian talks like , " Hey babe " , " Sweetheart " . The last time i checked most of the Guardians have a Shakespearean Era like feel to them . Sooo not happening for me ;) .. So this was a nice change from those cliche Guardian style !! Then we have Hippa/H.B/Coy call him what you want . He is a shapeshifter and a pervert ! And then we have the tortured soul Dricus , the bad boy .. well just read the rest . Now to the ladies . First up we have Samantha , the female lead . I had problems liking her at first . She made me go , ' What the hell , how could you even do that ?!!! ' but as the story moved on further i started to enjoy her constant banter with Hippa , her feelings for Trent , her monologues with God and what he should have done , her sarcasm laced comments and her wacky humour . She made me laugh not like laugh-out-loud-maniac kind of way but had me in splits at times . Then there is Barbara , Sam's twin sister . She's seriously loud like 'in your face' kind of loud . On the whole an amazing mix of characters .
3) Steam Factor - Ohhhhh the book was high on the steam factor . Some awesome love scenes that would literally make you feel thirsty and out of breathe . Not too over whelming and not too saggy, a good enough mix of 'decency' and hotness .
4) Music to the ears - The book has a tiny playlist in the end and i loved listening to the song on that playlist while reading the book . It had most of my favourite songs on them . Made reading an exciting affair .

On the whole , the book totally blew me away ! I cant wait to read what happens further in to the story because the ending was just phenomenal . Completely unexpected if you ask me . Jamie Lynn Dougherty is definitely on my list of ' My Fav Authors of 2011 ' .. If you love Demon's , Angels and Zombies with brains then this book is definitely for you .