Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Black Butterfly - Sienna Mynx Black butterfly is my first Sienna Mynx novel , and i must say i'm very impressed with her writing style . She manages to bring out the most intricate facts with simplicity .

Black butterfly is the story of Sydney Allen who dreams of making it big on the broadway scene keeping her disciplines and principle's in tow . But then she meets Nolen Adams , a wall street investor and banker who manages to let loose the butterflies in her belly making her go weak in the knees . But Nolen is'nt your prince charming . He is a typical bad boy who knows how to get what he wants and Sydney is definitely not willing to give him what he desires off her . From there on the story goes through massive twists and turns leaving the reader happy , sad , thoughtful , confused etc etc ..

Some aspects that i really loved about this book were firstly its characters . Black butterfly just is'nt about Sydney and Nolen . There are many other characters in this book that a reader can hate , love , envy and more . My other fav characters were Trish , Sydney's best friend and Todd , Nolen's best friend . Their relationship was just beautiful , but i wished that the author should have concentrated a little more and given them some more screen time . The character that i hated the most in this book was Portia , Sydney and Trish's best friend . She was a total bitch in the literal sense .

If this were a movie , i would have certainly loved it to have the following songs in itss playlist :
- New york by Alicia keys & Jay z ( Introduction of sydney on the streets of new york on the way to the audition )
- Little bit by Drake & Lykke li ( Nolen & Sydney's theme song )
- Corrupt by Depeche Mode ( Nolen's theme song )
- I want you by Cee lo green ( Nolen and Sydney's first date )

On the whole , this book was an exciting read and is definitely recommended for its true hollywood style !