Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

The Scarlet Dagger (The Red Sector Chronicles, #1) - Krystle Jones The Scarlet Dagger started off really slow for me . I mean i really wanted to get into the story from page 1 but that sort of never happened . But that does not mean that the book was'nt an entertaining read at all . After this one particular point the story actually starts to get really interesting , and the author does manage to keep the reader glued to the book till the end . So what made me give it 3 stars rating ?? Well when i usually read a book , the first thing that i expect from that book is the fact that it should really suck me in right from page 1 to the last page . I usually lose interest in the book if that does'nt happen . But what i really liked about this book was that after a certain point it really does suck you in and you actually feel like you are apart of the story .
Another cool aspect of the book was it's lead characters . Sloane comes across a little confused as to where her loyalties lie and we see that she constantly keeps changing her mind as to what she wants to do . Aden on the other hand was a treat to watch . Loved the way the author has potrayed his character .
On the whole The Scarlet Dagger was exciting and i loved how the author has managed to create a post apocolyptic dystopian society with vampires as its mai theme . I would definitely look forward to reading the second book in the series to know how the story goes on from here !!