Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor WARNING : BE PREPARED TO BE SUCKED IN A WORLD OF FANTASY AND THE TRAGEDY THAT TELLS THE LOVE OF TWO SOULS TRAPPED IN AN ETERNAL WAR OF HATRED AND POWER !!
OMG , THIS BOOK IS CREATIVITY MAGNIFIED !!!
Where do i start with how good this book was . I'm rendered completely speechless right now . Laini Taylor creates a different world in our little world as we know it . The cover is absolutely beautiful . Once you are done reading the story , the title is completely justified .
Karou was simply the most enigmatic leading characters i have come across in recent times . I would wanna trade places with her any day . She is smart and so very differnt from all the other characters in this book . Akiva , on the other hand with was truly an angelic figure , And their love was something that had travelled across time .
What i really loved about this book was the way the story is ' unleashed ' on the reader . Dont get me wrong here , but thats exactly how i felt the story grew on me . The beginning is slow , not in the boring way , in the right kind of way . Like giving the reader time to make assessments as to what the book is about . And then BAM!!! the reality of the story starts setting in . All the puzzle peices and tid bits from here and there come together , making complete sense and understanding of what the author wants to convey . And once that happens . well the reader gets the feeling that they are on a roller coaster ride through tunnel of time . The story shifts to the past and then back to the present . The ' past ' mode of the story was really emotional for me * made me cry during one of the heart breaking scenes * ... But i loved the masquerade ball portion , picturing it in my head made it all the more exciting !!
I need to stop before i give the whole story away , thats enough to stir your interest in the story i guess ;)
I totally recommend this book to everyone !! You'll totally fall in love with it !!
Eagerly awaiting the sequel to see what happens next in this exciting tale :)