Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

I need more ... Sooo much more ! Steampunk madness galore !

Corroded - Karina Cooper

“What, then?” I whispered, a harsh inquiry. “Will you lay claim where there is nothing to gain?”
Hawke’s mouth curled up, a cruel edge chiseled in exquisite resolve. “You lie, my lady.”
I winced at the courtesy. “Do I? You’re familiar enough with the precepts of flesh for demand—”
He shifted, and hard fingers bit at my cheeks, silencing my provocation. “Lie to yourself if you must,” he breathed against my lips, “but you will never lie to me.”

This book .... Its ....

Cherry is in a very dark place as we begin our journey into Corroded . Well , after what happened in Gilded , I don't see how anybody would expect something else . With nowhere else to go and constantly taunted by the events that concluded Gilded , Cherry is dead set on revenge . And she doesn't care if she has to end up in that one place that she vowed she'll never be a part of , The Midnight Menagerie ! Walking a fine line between Insanity and Vengeance , Cherry will have to decide what will she keep at stake to get what she wants !

I think Corroded is the best book in the series so far . The first 20% did seem a little too stretchy as Cherry was constantly in her head about how Opium is the answer to every question , a solution for any problem , a medicine for the disease . But as the story gets deeper into Cherry's plan to catch the Ripper and her stalker , it just explodes ! Like , IN YOUR FACE !

Just like how the previous books were divided between Cherry's time in London proper and London below the drift , this book majorly deals with Cherry's time trying to capture the culprits and Cherry's time in the menagerie !

Oh dear lord , that house is freakin crazy !

And speaking of crazy , we have to about Micajah Hawke !

How can my review be complete without him .. :P ...

Now , my biggest peeve about the last book in this series was , how Hawke did not get a lot of screen time .. But here , * fans-self * lets just say that Hawke knows how to turn on the heat ...

Cherry and Hawke's relationship in Corroded is explosive and steamy . But the more I read it , the more I kinda caught myself asking , ' What is it that Hawke exactly feels for her .. ? " . I mean , I understand the Cage does not do , delicate or gentle . But there were instances that I felt that he thinks of Cherry as his prized possession . But then again , there totally came a moment where I just felt that , 'hell no , what the fuck ! ' and I totally went

To sum it all up , I'd say Corroded just takes everything that we know , puts in a grinder and turns into a big mixture of 'WTF' ! I'm pretty sure from here on things are about to get waaay more interesting for Cherry and everybody else ! As always , a lot of questions were answered . The identity of the Stalker collector who made Cherry's life was revealed , and oh my god ! I had a feeling as to who it could be , but I soo didn't want that to be true !

Read this series people , its fuckin amazing !!!

I can't wait to see what's next in this series !