Fathima

Miss Quintessential reviews !

If the book is a guaranteed Mind fuck , then HELL YEAH !

Power of the Moon (Power of the Moon #1) - Tina Carreiro,  Danielle Zwissler WOOT WOOT !!! What a book , it has left me completely speechless and breatheless !! Wow . i'm still struggling to gain my composure . Power of the moon really hit the daylights out of me .. Such a powerful , mesmerizing and astounding read .

Lets start off by talking about the cover . Simple yet attractive , its totally insync with what the story is all about . But to understand its meaning , you have to read the book , duh! with did you expect !!! Anyways , i believe that's Miakoda ( or Mia pronounced as My-a )on the cover with the moon behind her * a total spoiler if you can read between the lines * with her beautiful blue eyes . Loved the cover . Have to admit , it was the name and the cover that really compelled me to read this book .

Things that i totally loved about this book : E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G !!! Not a single moment of disappointment or boredom at all .. The book had me hooked right from page 1 , when we meet Mia and get to know what she is all about . Believe me , the girl has gots a lot of things going on . She can see Aura's , See - hear - feel dead people around her and many more ! Enter's Cole Barnett , the Adonis like super duper smashingly hot Detective ,investigating a case that Mia unwillingly becomes a part of . Cole is instantly attracted to Mia and so is she , but what she doesnt know is that this likelihood to a stranger would send her into an unknown world of darkness and light , which will not only bring out her hidden strengths but also expose her to beings she thought never existed .

The characters in this book were superbly crafted ! Everyone had some uniqueness to them , thus making them perfect in their own way . Buuuut i need to talk about the two most important and main characters in this book .. Mia and Cole !! OMG , What an amazing pair !!! Their chemistry was like a house on fire ! Mia was completely unpredictable for me . I could never predict what her next set of action would be . Her mind would consider certain things , but she would eventually end up doing the complete opposite . I loved it . Also , at times she would be this scaredy cat , the next a fearless lioness !! She was just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G ... And Cole * oooh la la * , i'm hundred percent positive , book boyfriends would definitely be the death of me .. I'll never find them in reality . Cole is just sooooo HAWT !!! The man definitely knows how and when to push the right buttons . He is strong , smart and over possessive !!! I cant even count the number of times his head shouts " MINE " whenever he feels or sees Mia in danger !! I loved the whole sexual tension between Mia and Cole .. It had so many elements to it . Love , lust , fear , excitement , pain etc .. Definitely the highlight of this book .

I really enjoyed Tina Carreiro's fantasy world and enjoyed her story telling technique . It was a perfect blend of romance , mystery , thrill and action . It also had a nice humour added to it thanks to Mia , she was definitely high on sarcasm . I cant wait to read the next book " Covet of the moon " in this series !!
Note : Power of the moon is not a YA , Its definitely for adults * Fans self * Too hot to handle at times !! ;) .. Dont miss this out , you wont regret riding this one !